Friday, July 27, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Earlier this week I posted about a new recipe I tried for Avocado Egg Salad, which was delicious. I also mentioned that I forgot two things at the store; mayo, which lead to my new recipe for egg salad, and baking soda. Both of which woud have come in handy this week.

I never make recipes from scratch, especially when I'm baking because I think it takes too long. But this past Wednesday a co-worker conveniently brought in a zucchini so I could make Zucchini bread for the office since I'm always baking treats. Zucchini bread is one thing I have never attempted to make. In fact I only had it during the summer growing up, when my next door neighbors made it with fresh zucchini from their garden.  The recipe below is my neighbor's recipe.

What you need:

2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 sour milk, I used regular milk with a tsp. of vinegar
4 tsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup oil
2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While it's heating cut a washed zucchini (with the skin still on) in half and use a cheese grater to grate the zucchini.  I had a rather large zucchini which made 4 cups when grated.



Mix all ingredients except the zucchini, after they are fully mixed add the zucchini.

Place batter in cupcakes papers or grease a 13 x 9 inch pan to make a cake. I made 24 cupcakes with my batter.  Place in oven for 20-30 minutes for cupcakes and 10- 15 minutes for cake.

Overall they turned out very well, but I couldn't taste the chocolate at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment